I made this yesterday and am unsure whether I like it enough to go in the quilt or not. For one, I made a construction mistake - the white was meant to go to the edges and the teal in the middle. I didn't realise my misstep until I'd attached and cut to measure the background fabric on half the pieces. Given that I'm running low on this fabric and am still planning further blocks I didn't want to disassemble and cut more.
So the star doesn't look as planned. It's also not as perfectly matched in the middle as all those seams have made it rather bulky. But it was a ton of work!
All in all I like it better after a night's sleep but I'm still on the fence. Guess it's best to just continue with my blocks and see how they fall into place in the end. If I don't use this one it'll still be good for a cushion or some other trinket.