I've chosen the Jamie Dress by Sis Boom because I like fitted bodices and wide skirts. I've sewn a couple of skirts before but have so far been too lazy-stressed-scared to try a dress. At 1,76 m (nearly 5'10'') and a D-E cup most patterns require alterations and I did not feel up to it in the past. The Jamie Dress shouldn't require too many alterations - at least the measurements are a lot closer to my own without glaring discrepancies between bust and waist. I assume that I'll have to add some length to the bodice, though. Fingers crossed. (I will be less scared and lazy and learn to do FBAs once this project is under my belt. Promised.)
Everything cut out for the mock-up.
The fabric is Indigo Vines from the Katagami collection by RJR fabrics. No fashion fabric but too pretty to pass up. You can still find it here or here should it take your fancy.
Bodice parts weren't the only things cut out on Sunday.
EPP has got me in its grip! I pulled some fabric scraps and did a little basting.
Added one more hexie flower to the pile.
Stats for the Week
Finished Projects - 1
New Projects -2
Chair cushions for my sister
Ongoing Projects - 3
Hen Night dress
Planning Stage - 5
ET Phone Home EPP project
Moe Moe's Star quilt
Repurpose last year's scalloped skirt dress to a skirt