Monday 10 September 2012

Moving Out the Old Stuff

After sorting through my closet the other day, we've finally culled my husband's closet this morning. It's incredible how much useless stuff men keep. Shirts not worn in six years? Check. Torn jeans not worn for three? Check. (Perlendiva, we've got another five for you if you're interested.) We even found one or two bags he'd stuffed in unpacked when we moved in together four years ago. Seriously?!

I'm glad this is done and this is what I got out of it.


Happy day for my button stash! Some will come in handy to mend shirts/bed linens when the odd button goes missing, others will make very cute plush toy eyes, others will sit waiting for the right project to come along. I'd been prying on the green ones for two years minimum but he'd rigorously refused to throw away the jacket until today.

We've already sorted through our books, too, and will have a look at our crockery and kitchen appliances this afternoon. Tomorrow we can pack a few boxes and hubby's bags to send him off on Wednesday.

Stay tuned for Wednesday's post - sewing has happened over the weekend.

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.