...which leaves the back looking like this. Finally time for some backing!
Once I ditched my idea of paper piecing N's birth date, weight and height (yes, it definitely would have been a great detail but I didn't feel it in the end) I settled on this gorgeous Summersville print from my stash. I'd secured 1.5 yards shortly after it came out for a future child of mine but really couldn't resist using it here. It fits so perfectly and who else should you splurge some of your most treasured fabric on? Roughly half a yard is left anyway. So there.
I've even started machine quilting the small and big octagons. As soon as these are done I will quilt the small fish squares and then it should be ready for binding. Phew, I'm this close to finishing what has been in the making for a long time and, believe it or not, I'm still falling in love more deeply. With my nephew as well. No worries.
Well, here's the unchanged stats although both the baby and the anniversary quilt are making awesome progress.
Finishes - 0
Ongoing Projects - 5
Fish & HSTs
square baby quilt
Red Riding - quilting is making progress
cushion cover for the husband
Stalled Projects - 3
Grecian Waters/Emerald HST quilt - finished the top! - stalled until deadline projects have been dealt with
EPP parallelograms/stars - once more stalled
Planning Stage - 2
Summer dress 2 - Darling Ranges