Monday 26 August 2013

Final Reveal: The Fish & HSTs Baby Quilt

Last week, finally, ten weeks after his birthday my nephew finally got his baby quilt.


My sister had decided on a monster theme for his room. Hence the card and the little something I wanted to add to the backing. Unfortunately it came off in the first wash? Gah, ah well, you win some you lose some.


So here's the finished backing complete with the dotty binding, just block out the little monster in the top left corner.


The quilt has been a huge hit.




Bonus: Anniversary impressions.

We had a wonderful afternoon and evening. I decided to open "Chez Mareen" instead of going out for dinner after all and cooked up a lovely three-course dinner to accompany the champagne we received as a wedding gift by a very good friend and kept safe for a year. A year - still blows my mind. We ended up with lots of yummy leftovers to be had over the weekend which is always a plus.





Also, beautiful flowers!

Happy sewing!

Go and have a look at everybody else's finishes over at Em's Sewing by Moonlight. Find me at my regular Tuesday hangouts, too.


IMG_6373
Better Off ThreadFresh Poppy Design



9 comments:

  1. Lucky little guy! I love the way your quilt turned out. A very creative use for those little goldfish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! No surprise, I LOVE the monster theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschöner Qilt, so einen darfst du meinem Joschua auch gerne machen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out awesome! I am kind of jealous of that little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is perfect! I love that backing too! And it sounds like you had a very nice anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on the quilt finish! He's a lucky little guy to have such a creative aunty. :) Happy belated Anniversary! My brother's one year anniversary is in a couple weeks too. I hope to have his wedding quilt (that I started last year...ughm) finished in time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your finish! I love the colours, and the alphabet backing is lovely with the spotty binding! Congratulations on your anniversary too. x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way! Is it a year since you got married already??? Congratulations on your anniversary :-)
    Love the quilt- it looks great and I'm not surprised that its beena huge hit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.