Sunday 4 November 2012

Skirts on Sunday

Let me show you the second gift card skirt in a quick post.


You've seen the fabric before, namely here. I love this floral. Tons. It's not even an exaggeration.

For this skirt I used the yoke of Burda 8176. Are you tired of me, yet, tweaking the same old pattern again and again? Blogging my old skirts has made me aware of how often I've returned to it, if only parts. Not that I'm ashamed. It's great to have a fitting but blank model to alter again and again.

For this skirt I narrowed the yoke by a few centimetres. Instead of using the pattern's skirt panel I gathered the top of simple yet wide rectangles to the yoke. Extra volume!


The hem is simple but I stitched several parallel lines for a structured look.


Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty floral print! Oh and gosh - if you find a working pattern, definitely worth sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.