Sunday 11 November 2012

Skirts on Sunday

Behold the final gift card skirt. Whoa, does it make me miss summer.


You guessed it, Burda 8176. Haha. Like last week's feature once more with a narrowed yoke and gathered rectangles for the body, yet shorter and with a black satin bias tape finish. Not that I'd planned that.

Yoke and French seams.

 

I spruced up this skirt by shifting the hidden zipper from the side to the back and adding a cute button closure. The button has tiny laser-cut flowers on it.


The zipper turned out really well on this one.

As for the unplanned bias tape finish - I'd left my skirt unhemmed on my sewing desk for a bit and made the mistake of cutting something else on top of it. I can't recall what. Suffice it to say that I managed to cut into my skirt several centimetres above the intended hemline. 'Twas only a teeny tiny whole but even that is too much. Silly silly me. How could I have been so careless?

Anyway. Let's move on. I realised that cutting above the hole and then turning under the hem would make the skirt too short for my liking. Instead I only chopped off a a bit and fixed the hem with bias tape which oth covered the hole and kept my hem at a nice length.


The fabric is extremely lightweight and oh so wonderful on the hottest days of summer. Yep, love this one.

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.