Sunday 7 October 2012

Skirts on Sunday

Hello and back again to my early fashion sewing exploits! The first skirts I made were all summer skirts and therefore unlined. So I made an elasticated slip to be able to wear the black and the mustard one with tights during autumn.

I'd snatched up a lovely piece of dark green silk for a bargain price which lent itself perfectly to the job.


French seams.


I picked a pretty black trim and even thought of using green thread on the bobbin. It's the obvious choice to me now but back then I felt really clever. Hehe.


I'll be back next week with a pleated skirt that I made in spring 2011 and from a fabric which features in a lot of my hexies. Guess which?



Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.