Sunday 29 April 2012

Liebster Blog

Cassie of Cassie's Crafties awarded me the Liebster Blog earlier this week!


The Liebster Award, liebster meaning favourite in German (I should know), apparently is an encouraging appreciative award for smaller blogs with 200 or less than 200 readers. Having blogged for less than two months with only three regular followers (thanks guys!) and just about settling into things, Cassie's passing along of the award came as a bit of a surprise. A pleasant one, of course. Thank you for thinking of me and I do enjoy reading your blog just as much! Especially as we share a love of Lotta Jansdotter's Echo fabric collection (then again, who doesn't?), her Kaleidoscope quilt in its various stages of production really drew my attention to her.

The Liebster Conventions say that :

1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her
    2. Copy and paste the award to your blog
    3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized
    4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
    5. Have faith that your follower will spread the love, too !

Now onto the five blogs that I'd like to share and which, amongst many others which don't qualify for this award, I always look forward to reading:

Quilting in the Cold @Quilting in the Cold - I think she was the first or second to follow my blog, so she's very special to me, but it doesn't hurt that her small blog, the projects she shares, and eye for colour are lovely, too!

Jenelle @Echinops and Aster - Another blog that drew me close because of enticing fabric selections and colour combinations. Make sure to check out her latest project, an intensely adorable embroidered and quilted owl pillow.

perlendiva @Perlendiva - A friend blogs in German mostly, but I like her mix of sewing, crocheting, knitting, and jewellery making. Maybe she'll take up to posting bilingually more often soon?

GeekySweetheart @GeekySweetheart - A fantastically quirky and geeky blogger who doesn't post as regularly at the moment as she's had an adorable baby last year, but I'm hoping she'll get around to more projects and time to blog soon-ish.

Kerstika @Procraftination - A very young blog that has been put on hold due to exam stress and time constraints but will hopefully resume soon with more posts on pretty self-made dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.