Sunday 22 April 2012

Pillow Talk

Har har. ;) I love pillows. Lots. Enthusiastically. This weekend I made five pillow cases and, gasp, not one is meant for me! First, I made the fiance's birthday present. He has an old and beloved Snoopy bedding set which is slowly but steadily coming apart. So I decided to give him a new set of pillow cases with the cutie because we all need a little snoopy in our lives. They're for the smaller pillow which up to now has had to make do with the German standard 80cm x 80cm pillow cases which are double the size. Personally, these small pillows aren't enough pillow for me, not enough to cuddle with, but he likes to have one of them and a standard one. Sneak peak.


I can barely wait to give them to him. It's the first time I'll give him something sewn by me, actually. Eep. Still some three weeks to go, though. Weird, I'm seriously ahead of my game at the moment present-wise, considering I've also already finished an appliqued pillow case for my teenaged cousin and her birthday isn't until another five weeks. One of my Dresdens has finally found just the right place. As I don't have a pillow inset sized 40cm x 40 cm, so you'll have to look at this and the others flat. Sorry.

 
Despite being pretty exhausted, I still managed to spend some time on the quilts. I spray basted the baby one on Saturday and quilted it today, mainly stitching in the ditch but also accenting the blue diagonals as Quilting in the Cold suggested. Thanks for the splendid idea! I'm really pleased with it so far. The binding has been attached to the front and I now have some soothing hand sewing to look forward to on this week's evenings. Spray basting the toddler quilt was my final action this Sunday before cleaning up my sewing space (read: the living room) and calling this weekend officially over. Time for some TV and an early night.

Before focusing on the quilts, I used up some of the cut-offs and extra squares to make matching pillow cases for each on Saturday, both backed with the helicoptre facbric. They came out so cute, don't you think?

 
 

No matter the effort, this project is making me really happy and I hope the quilts will be cherished for a long long time by the boys.

I'll link up this post with Jenna's Manic Monday Linky Party at SewHappyGeek.



3 comments:

  1. Such sweet pillows, love that transport fabric patchwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pillows, really pleased the diagonals are working!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.