With the curtains as well as my knitting finished, I had Sunday off to do whatever would please my fancy. After contemplating making a zippered pouch for a while, I decided to go with a framed purse instead. I've made two in the past and the first ended up a bit wonky (lesson about matching up seams when adding a boxed bottom) and the second is very nice but still suffered from my inexperience with glue. Yeah, the frames were a bit smudged. Given that I would like to make my wedding purse myself, I gathered it would be good to get some practise in, so I cut into my recently obtained Outfoxed and came up with this little beauty:
The fabrics are reversed on the other side and I made sure that the seams match in the bottom. Despite a lack of photographic evidence, I can assure you that the boxed bottom itself is also much much better than my first attempt nearly two years ago. I decided to echo the design in the lining and added my label to the plain side.
The purse is just right to carry my powder, powder brush, and some more when on the go. The last one I'd made is double the size. Great to store cosmetics at home but too big for a night out or to take to work. The frame is smudge-free, too. I'm really pleased with the results.