Friday 16 March 2012

Forethought Friday

I spent the past 2.5 hours getting a head start on the weekend's sewing. Yay. First I ironed, cut, and pinned the panels of curtain no. 2. I'd washed the fabric in the morning and today's beautiful weather worked in my favour, so now panels five and six can be found on the balcony. After moving our big table, cutting mostly took place on the floor this time. I think less folding and fussing helped to get more exact results and pinning was less of a pain, which does not equal painlessness, though. At least I can start sewing straight away tomorrow!



I also cut 20 more wedges for Dresden Plates out of my beloved echo fabric to reward myself after sewing curtain no. 2 and prepping curtain no. 3 first thing tomorrow - I really really want to get them done and off my mind as quickly as possible and am bribing myself into it. Can you tell?

Now I'll enjoy the evening doing some easy-peasy stockinette knitting. I started this Owlie Sleep Sack earlier this week and all the cabling is done, so I merely have to keep track of my place markers. Pie. Easy. As. My future sister-in-law has asked me to knit something cute for an upcoming baby boy photo shoot of hers and as I'd been keen on trying owls I happily obliged. I'll also make the matching cutie of a hat. The pattern has been easy to follow so far with only some basic cabling to create the adorable owls.


I'm looking forward to a relaxed yet productive weekend. Maybe my muse will find me and whisper in my ear what to make with this, should some time be left over?


What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever they may be, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.