Saturday 13 September 2014

TGIFF - Zig Zag Scarf Edition

Finally! I've finally finished the blue and grey zig zag for my sister. Never mind that it had a November 2013 birthday deadline, I'm just glad that it's done after nearly 11 months and ready for the approaching autumn weather.


Knitting began in October 2013 once I had quickly made up my own version in a thicker yarn to gain confidence in the pattern. Alas, the fingering weight yarn which the pattern called for drove me insane. Progress could hardly be seen even after sessions of several hours which was demotivating. Transitioning into work life and new responsibilities also took it's toll. I'm not a summer knitter and with gran's death and the pregnancy - I ended up not touching this WIP for at least six months if not eight, best not think about it, although it was only a few repeats from a finish.


Anyway, it's done! My own version was a bit longer than necessary so I'd decided to make the one for my sister shorter. This is how the loops compare in size.


And another close-up. It's a beautiful pattern, easy to memorise and easily manipulated for wonderful colour effects but if I make another one it'll definitely be in DK weight or thicker. Now, cue the celebration that I'm freed up for other guilt-free knitting projects as well as my quilting.

Happy sewing & knitting!


8 comments:

  1. Your zig zag scarf is beautiful! 'Tis a gorgeous finish! Hope you find a li'l time to do some knitting or stitching this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scarves. Is 'fingering' 4 ply? It looks as if it will be nice and soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've accomplished a great thing here with this finish. May your next yarn project be less fraught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats it's stunning! I'm sure your sister will be thrilled with it. The pattern looks fab in both your colourways. And thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely zig zag stitch love both lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, those look so nice and warm! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.