Saturday 13 September 2014

Nursery Curtains #1

The first step towards pretty nursery curtains has been taken as I've just finished these twelve hangers.


I'm keeping an eye on the clock this time around because even if it's a labour of love it's good to know just how much actual labour goes into things (and in case anyone asks me to make some for them I can point to that on top of material costs). 1.75 hours of ironing, cutting, ironing, chain-stitching, ironing-turning-ironing, top-stitching, ironing. Not too quick but not too slow either as I'm working very carefully.


Next up: ironing two lengths of fabric for the first curtain's body, cutting lengths to perfection, pinning. Washing two lengths of fabric for curtain number two. Not before a well-deserved break, though.

Happy sewing!


1 comment:

  1. A great start, Maureen, I love the fabric. Blues are some of my favorite hues.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.