Wednesday 10 July 2013

W.i.P. - The One That Could Have Been Spoiled by Work and the Kitchen

Well, work was more demanding than expected - not complaining, honestly! - and the husband's reworking of our kitchen has taken over this flat and all available space - even less complaining, I've been anticipating a proper kitchen for months! - so my wonderful collection of WIPs is still just that - wip-iest WIPs and nothing new to show since last Sunday.

One of my recent Fabric Tuesday link-ups has, however, been highlighted in this week's post - the nephew's quilt top. How terribly exciting! (Thanks for alerting me, Jeanette. I doubt I would've checked this week without you.) And it's really another layer of motivation to finish this beauty once my sewing machine and sewing dinner table have been freed of kitchen appliances and crockery.


Updated stats for the record - there has been progress and shuffling since my last WIP post, after all.

Stats

Finishes - 0

Ongoing Projects - 8
Anniversary quilt - cut, layouted, first, column parts sewn
Fish & HSTs
square baby quilt
Red Riding - quilting is making progress
Grecian Waters/Emerald HST quilt - finished the top! - still pinching pennies for batting
EPP hexies
cushion cover for the husband
Summer dress 1

Stalled Projects - 1
EPP parallelograms/stars - once more stalled

Planning Stage - 2
Summer dress 2 - Darling Ranges pattern has arrived
Skirt

Happy sewing!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Good that work is picking up and exciting to have a new kitchen being worked on too! That totally counts as a WiP! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on not complaining about not being able to sew whilst there's work going on in the house! I waited months for my husband to do some work on our bedroom and he finally did it last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;) Bet you're glad to be off bedrest and up and running again at full force!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stained glass effect of those pictures. The blue just shines with brightness!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.